• Model: OG1063
  • Manufactured by: Out-Grow
  • IN STOCK

Price:   Starting at: $4.85

Please Choose:

Quantity:         
Details:

Out-Grow's 50/50 Mix

50% of our great horse manure based mushroom substrate and 50% golden wheat straw

You can choose either 1 pound bags or 5 pound bags

Mushroom Substrate

This is the perfect mix of our compost and wheat straw. This mushroom substrate will produce great results for dung/straw loving fungi species. You will get much larger yields using this 50/50 mix compared to just casing grains or all-in-one grow bags. This product is sterilized and ready to use at your front door. Simply add your gourmet mushroom spawn to the 50/50 grow bag, reseal it, and mix. Out-Grow's straw/compost mix is one of the best mushroom growing substrates available on the internet. We use only natural and chemical free products to make our substrates.

Wheat StrawHorse ManureCoconut Coir vermiculite

Out-Grow uses field leached and shredded horse manure, shredded golden wheat straw, coconut coir, vermiculite and a couple other secret ingredients to produce a high quality mushroom substrate with a very nice, airy texture. Out-Grow's 50/50 mix will come heat sealed and sterilized in a mushroom grow bag for your convenience. You can grow right in the bag or add to trays or tubs to grow in.

Mushroom Substrate

Customer Reviews:

Date Added: 05/26/2013 by Brandon O.
Quickly (2 days) received my 1 lb bag of 50/50 to check the quality. 5 days in and colonizing quickly! Definitely worth it. Novice mycologists can grow close to professional grade fungus. Bravo OutGrow! Thanks

Rating: 5 of 5 Stars [5 of 5 Stars]

Date Added: 03/23/2013 by michael l.
Overall great,top of the line bulk substrate mix. Beautiful,healthy,and massive pinset just from 1,1 pound rye spawn bag to 1,1 pound bag of this 50/50. 1:1 ratio!!! And still amazing results. Great stuff. Thanks mike and out grow.

Date Added: 12/15/2012 by Sean Q.
this stuff really is the bees knees. i had given up hope on my jars that were colonized and coming along very slowly. so i was fed up and i decided to mix my grains with a one of these bags just for shits n gigs and to my suprise i started getting fast colonization all over my 50 50 mix. great great stuff

Date Added: 04/18/2012 by Justin H.
This is the best substrate I've used to date. Insane pinset that just won't quit! Very fast colonization. Thanks, out-grow!

Date Added: 04/09/2012 by Robert F.
Was having problems with contamination when I tried to make my own substrate. This stuff worked great. Colonized quickly and my mushrooms loved it! Thanks!

Date Added: 03/27/2012 by david b.
First of all; Out-Grow and Mike are the nicest people to deal with. Now, the 50/50 Manure Straw compost is fantastic !!! It colonized super quick using colonized rye jars. And it produces some large gourmet mushrooms using the Out-Grow casing soil. I can't imagine any better substrate. I'll always do my business with Out-Grow. Keep on being the best and thanks for everything. :-) ~~~PEACE & LOVE~~~

Displaying 1 to 6 (of 6 reviews)